Tertiary entrance information
- the appropriate subject package, including any prerequisite subjects;
- the required marks or grades in key subjects specified by the faculty;
- a tertiary entrance score (or equivalent indicator of overall academic achievement) higher than the quota cut-off mark for that faculty.
What are the minimum subject requirements for tertiary entrance in Australian Capital Territory?
During Years 11 and 12 studies a student must complete units which accrue a minimum of:
- 20 standard units which must comprise at least 18 standard T, A or H units, including at least 12.5 standard T and/or H units with a maximum contribution of eight standard units from any one course area.
- the following course patterns:
- Four majors and one minor or
- Three majors and three minors
- three major courses and one minor course classified as T and/or H.
Only the equivalent of a double major from any one course area will count towards the course pattern.
The student must sit for the ACT Scaling Test (AST).
These studies must be completed within no fewer than three and a half semesters and no more than five years.
With the approval of the college principal, deferment may be allowed once for an unbroken time period of up to one year.Top of page