Subjects and courses
What categories of subjects/courses are available for study in the senior secondary school system in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)?
In the ACT there are the following categories of courses:
- A courses which are appropriate for year 11 and 12 students.
- T courses which prepare students for higher education.
- R courses which provide personal development, recreational or community activities.
- M courses which provide appropriate educational experiences for year 11 and 12 students who satisfy specific disability criteria.
- H courses which are designed and accredited by an Australian university. Successful completion of the course is recognised towards an undergraduate degree and year 12 certificates.
- C courses which are BSSS accredited vocational programs delivered by Registered Training Organisations approved by the BSSS.
- E courses which are BSSS registered vocational programs delivered by external Registered Training Organisations
- A and T courses may also offer assessment that that can lead to nationally recognised vocational qualifications.